Dear Horseshoe Bend Community,
The beginning of the 2016-17 school year is right around the corner, and we hope everyone has had a rejuvenating and rewarding summer. Our staff has been busy preparing for the beginning of the new school year, and we will continue to pursue our educational mission of preparing our students to become responsible, contributing citizens who are life-long learners.
While we cannot rest on our laurels and will continue to pursue excellence, we are proud of the improvements our district has made over the last year. Some of our notable achievements include:
- Improved financial practices resulting in a positive fund balance
- Innovative programs such as PTECH and the mini-house project
- Improved student test scores
- Increased number of middle/high school course offerings
- Needed facility improvements such as a new cafeteria roof and the installation of LED lights
- Additional para-professionals to work with our high-need students
- Professional outside counseling offered on campus
- Multiple college credits earned by our high school students
- Improved K-5 intervention program
- Increased rate of college attendance by our graduates
We are convinced 2016-17 will be a year filled with excitement, new learning and continued improvement and growth. We thank you for your support, and we are honored to serve you.
Dennis Chesnut, Superintendent / K-12 Principal